30 December 2007

Get Ready - Groomer Next Week

I'm doing some anticipatory worrying. Rox is going to the groomer next week for an Ears & Nails visit. I'm nauseous just thinking about it. Here's why... we can't just take her and drop her off - that would mean a cage at the salon, and she'd be nervous I'm sure (read: Mom is nervous about it). Also, we've never taken any dogs to groomers, so we don't know if they will treat her right (read: we have no idea what they do.)

It's obviously a given that we are over-protective and still not completely aware of Rox's "full personality" yet... we admit our quirky outlook. Done.

We're going to a place where they will let us be with her while they do the nails. I sure hope this is not a mistake. I have half a mind to make Bob take her while I stay home quilting.

  1. Will Roxie stand on the table?
  2. Will she try to jump off?
  3. Will she let the groomer do her nails? She won't let us....
  4. Will she try to bite the groomer? She's never tried with us.
  5. Do we need to ask for a muzzle right up front? How insulting to her!
  6. Should we stand right in front of her to distract her? Use steak bits for bribes? Steak bits work for lots of things!
  7. Will our presence be a distraction to the groomer?
  8. Should we abandon her to the groomer and hope for the best?
  9. Will the groomer let us come back for a second visit?
  10. Will Rox be pissed with us when we get her home? She can really hold a grudge...
  11. How neurotic are we?

I'm thinking about this now so I won't have to next week. I allow myself one day of worrying, then I try to forget it (if you believe that I have a bridge.....)

I can't forget the scream she let out when the vet techs tried to do her nails at the first visit... I really hate the idea of someone calling her a drama queen........ even if she is one.

No comments: