24 January 2008

Nails Done, No One Died

The groomer was wonderful - she was perfect with Roxie and very nice to me! I carried Rox in from the car and when I went in the little office area, Tammy said "come on back."

I put Rox on the table, Tammy hooked her up to the little noose-collar thingy and gave her some lovin...... then before Roxie could blink, she was having her nails dremeled. No clippers, just the sanding thingy.

Tammy held her in such a way that Roxie had to cooperate. No jumping off, no biting, no growling, but Lordy, what singing she did....

The people outside the glass at the register could hear her. Howling screams...... the other groomers started to laugh, because it WAS funny..... nothing hurt, nobody was pulling body parts off her, but Rox was not appreciating the opportunity. She did however, wag her tail through most of it.

Huh?! Screaming and wagging at the same time? A multi-tasking annoyed dachsie......

Bob left us in the groomer to go get a bag of food and a Booda Bimple Bone...... he missed the show. Turns out that I actually moved outside the gate instead of standing in front of Rox. Standing there wasn't helping and I think it might have been distracting to Rox actually. I tried the old treat bits to take her mind off things, and she REFUSED to even sniff them. She was totally engaged in disliking the moment!

So anyway, she's home with very nice short nails. Pretty. And she's still talking to us.

Sigh...... I guess I was a chump for worrying....... now Tammy is stuck with us forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't too many years ago that I learned that a dog's wagging tail is not always a good thing. While it can denote excitement or happy-ment...it can also mask aggression. Glad our girl and her Mom behaved so well. We're proud!