09 January 2008

Huh?

We have two red Pottery Barn chairs in the family room. Yes, the ones you always see Bob sitting in......... can't help it -they're very very comfy!

After dinner tonight, Bob went to watch TV and I stayed at the table, thinking about a second helping of the pasta and spaghetti sauce dinner. I heard the funniest sound and turned because I couldn't figure what it was.

Roxie was sitting in one of the red chairs. I had watched a couple of minutes earlier as she circled, scratched the seat for comfort then lay down. She had put her head down, settling in.

The next thing I heard was Rox JUMPING off the chair and RUNNING over to the other one, where she JUMPED in, circled, scratched and lay down. I was looking at her. She was looking at me.

Then she JUMPED down, RAN over to the first chair, JUMPED up, circled, scratched and lay down. She was looking at me. I was dumbfounded. She lay her head down and stayed there for a couple of minutes. Long enough for me to decide to pass on the second helping.

Then off she JUMPED, RAN to the second chair for the second time, JUMPED up, circled, scratched and lay down. This time she stayed, and as I write this she is covered with the familiar plaid flannel quilt.

I have no idea what she was doing running back and forth between chairs. They're both lit the same, both are equally warm. Both afford good views of the kitchen and computer. She seemed to be looking at me for my reaction. Honest and truly!

I really, really think she's reincarnated.

No comments: