01 March 2008

I Was Going Shopping...


I was going shopping but now I'm waiting.... waiting for Herself to get tired of the outdoors....

I let her out for her potty break before leaving and she obviously isn't thinking about my schedule - she took off straight across the backyard through the deep snow. As I type, she's in the way back sniffing, dawdling, looking at squirrels in the tree, chopping (chewing) down a little tree. She won't come in!

True the sun is shining, but it's still cold out there. She is oblivious to the cold I think.... Her coat is thick and shaggy, and I guess that helps, but geez louise, I spent 10 minutes taking pictures from the sunroom and I'm snowblind and freezing....



Here she is in the way back where the snow is less deep. She's looking at two squirrels in a tree who are chattering at her.

UPDATE: 25 minutes it took for her to get cold enough to come back. As I was picking ice balls out from between her toes she showed me all her pretty teeth. We had to have a discussion about that!

Wrapped up in her quilt, she's back asleep. How she does that I'll never understand. Head on the pillow, and she's out.

Uh.... or else she's keeping her eyes closed so I'll leave her alone.... sigh........

No comments: